Saturday, May 31, 2014

Listfully Happy


I have a lot of purple going on here. Usually it's pink. Sorry if this disappoints you. lol I follow a very inspiring snail mailer on Instagram by the name of Papered Thoughts. See her feed HERE. She regularly posts artsy lists and hashtags them with #listfullyhappy and #listography. I loooove those terms. My daughter has a cute journal called My Future Listography: All I Hope to Do in Lists, and it's filled with list prompts. What's not to love about that? 

little thought: why do I like to make lists like this but not to-do lists? hmmmm...

Anyway, was inspired to create my own list: Favorite Artists. Pinterest has opened up a whole new world of finding the things you want on the world wide web. Many of these artists listed I have discovered the last few years on said site.

I had made the purply backgrounds using my Gelli-plate. I added layer after layer of purple, pink and pinks, and whites. Used stencils for the textures. One of my favorite stencils is a diecut doily by Stampin' Up.




The title was done on a piece of cardstock with Montana acrylic markers, then cut out and glued to the gelli-print background. I doodled with a white Signo Uni-ball pen. 


The names were written with my Sharpie marker on watercolor paper, and then I added watercolor in an oval shape, then cut out the shape. 

I wanted more purple on the right side of the page to balance things out better, so I just brushed some on with my paintbrush. 

♥♥  Happy creating!  ♥♥
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment