Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas in my DLP Journal

Another week in my Documented Life Project journal.

If you are new here, and have not heard of this project, check out the Art to the 5th Academy! I've been following along all year long, and now we're nearing the end! A weekly prompt keeps things challenging and fun! Here is the website: Art to the 5th

Had lots of fun with these pages.



I added a tip-in this week. (A tip-in is another page added in to your art journal.) The cross shown, is the inside part of the tip-in.

 For my calender pages, I did my usual sketch, then added in Neocolor 2 crayons for color.

The header has loads of layering because I just could not get it to look right. Final result has lots of modeling paste, gesso, Dylusions ink sprays, Viva Inka Gold color, and more. I used Staz-on ink for the stamping of the wise-men. The Bethlehem star is colored with the Viva Inka Gold in Rose Quartz color, making it really shiny.


\


The tip-in ended up in the shape of a cross. I used a stencil by Tim Holtz called Latticework, laying it down directly on the watercolor paper, and scraping modeling paste over the stencil. I got some awesome effects with it, as the stencil was "dirty" from previous projects.Once the paste was dry, I sprayed heavily with Dylusions sprays to get the loads of color. Final touches are Viva Inka Gold creamy metallic stuff for the cross outline and a few other areas. 


Tip-in closed. Daisy Yellow has an amazing project on her Instagram that I loved very much. Lots of layers of color, so that's what I tried with this page. I messily wrote Christmas devotions by Ann Voskamp on index cards, then put them down on the sprayed background. I then added modeling paste and glitter around the edges for texture. For increased depth, I took several watercolor pencils and scribbled around the edges as well, and wet it down, to engage the colors and add depth to the edges.


Lately I have been using a water brush filled with water to work the Neocolor2 crayons and other watercolors.


I used several pieces of happy mail by the lovely Lois, a fellow moderator on the DLP Facebook group. Finally, I incorporated some of the lovely artsy stuff I have received in the mail! If you don't know what happy mail is, check out my Pinterest board called Snail Mail Revolution! :) 





My background is layered with paper towels for texture as well. I sprayed it with Dylusions ink and water for more color.


Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate each and every one of you. :)


2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful double spread. I like very much colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandrine! I tried to photograph my pages to get the colors as accurate as possible. It was challenging! :)

    ReplyDelete