Thursday, January 26, 2017

Rae's Art Marks Challenge

Hi, all you creatives! I've been having fun with a new challenge by Rae Missigman. It's a 30 day challenge, which started Jan 15th.


Here's my sweet little book I've made using a plethora of old gelliprints and art journal fodder, including a page or two from an old thrifted Calvin Hobbes comic book. 

I tore all the edges haphazardly to add to the junque feel of it. I saw the cutest beads at Michaels once, and had to add them to my cart. Finally found use for them!

Raw wool in my aubergine colour I had sitting around from an old project...


and paint dots, made in all quick-like.




I am sharing the first four layouts I've done. I'm a little behind, but it's okay. I am not able to do one every day, and I'm okay with that!

I've been leaning heavily on my favourite colour scheme which I've named #auberginemadlove. :) 
I mention aubergine (or eggplant) a lot on my blog and Insta, and I don't wanna stop!

Check out my Pinterest board COLOUR: AUBERGINE and my Insta hashtag!

1/30 Prompt: petal-like

For my first day, I didn't go with that colour scheme, instead I went crazy with petals. I had a hard time not reaching for stencils, but I needed to challenge myself in making marks without stencils this time. haha!






I turned the page, and I liked what I saw with the other pages peeping out from the sides.



2/30 Prompt: needlework

When I think needlework, I think cross-stitch. Old sticky-backed mesh from my art supply stash served as my stencil and now I have "aida-cloth" background for some "stitches". 


Next page, which sadly, I covered up. 


3/30 Prompt: cocentric

Filled both pages with my Golden brand paints in Permanent Violet Dark, Carbon Black, Paynes Grey, and High-Flow Flourescent Pink.




4/40 Prompt: Just Three


I don't have three marks, if I want to take it literally, instead, I divided the page into three parts.

StencilGirl stencils for the bottom left rectangle: Travel Note 6x6.




And there are my first four days in my cute journal.

Thanks for stopping by!

♥♥♥  Anna  ♥♥♥








2 comments: