Thursday, March 31, 2016

March in my unPlanner

My unPlanner pages for March. Totally new color scheme for March. Greens and yellows to welcome in spring!! 

Want to know more about this unPlanner concept? Check out the Art5 blog for heaps of info! It's so worth it! 


I used a beautiful lily stencil by Traci Bautista from Stencil Girl for the page on the left. I started with layers of green and yellow swishes of hand painting, layered the mask down to add yellow color, then put down the stencil part of the lily stencil set, using a different yellow, and several layers later, I have this. White is always an addition to make it shine. 


The lily piece is on the top of the watercolor tip-in, and it opens to reveal my doodled calendar.






For the weekly view, I stenciled with gesso and flourescent Golden yellow high flow paint, Washi tape edge, yellow feathery fabric trim on top, and the MARCH in calligraphy using a waterbrush.

I masked off the page and colored in a transparent layer of light brown for my day journaling spots, and of course, adding my book text circles punched out from book paper, and coloring in with a few Inktense colours.

Week One of March PAC is adding splatters. I put down water on watercolor paper, then added the Nuance watercolor pigments.



Swirled with water in a circular fashion while pigment is still wet. Then added splatters of Golden High Flow acrylic flourescent yellow paint.


Stitched some of the satin ribbon I dyed from the unPlanner kit into a ruffle shape, added a bow with the same ribbon, stitched all around the card with metallic green thread, and voila, PAC done. 

Week 2 weekly view, I used  Traci's Bautista's lily series again and the circular shapes are from her Tropical Floral stencil.



A view of the facing page. I stitched a pocket, altering a unPlanner kit pocket page protector for my Week 1 PAC. Messy green stitching again, which always makes me smile! 
I love how Rae Missigman uses her dyed ribbon, so I sewed a ruffle with them in an arch to hide the white area of the back of my March title, grouped together with some fun old Basic Grey patterned paper, and a leaf cut out of an old dictionary. The 'fun and laughter" is cut from my old junque journal, and I think it fit perfectly here. 
Stitched the pocket and the other elements to dyed burlap to tie it all together. 

I dig the background kraft paper with the zentangle squares in the neon green!


Thanks for visiting! I gotta finish March so I can start April. April is t-o-m-o-r-r-o-w! I cannot quite believe we're so far into the year already! 

♥♥♥ Anna ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment