Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October Musings and some unPlanner Pics

unPlanner pages for October

October weather is here in full swing, and that means I need to use those colours in my art journal! They are NOT my go-to colours, but since The Documented Life Project's October theme is a new palette, I thought I better. ;)

So here goes. 


Using the same brayering technique I discovered on the PaperArtsy Youtube Channel, I covered four pieces of cardstock with paint in oranges, yellows, reds and greens.

Note: see my own videos of this technique HERE.


I put aside those backgrounds and just started playing with my new club stencils from StencilGirl and the reverse grid stencils as well. And paint pens. To make dots. I make lots of dots at the moment.


To finish, I added the circles towards the bottom, as it needed grounding visually.






September 2016 Club Stencils (for the flowers in middle of the circles)


For Calligraphy letters with the Zig Clean Color brush markers, in the style of Random Olive. Want to learn how to write in this style? Do check out her Instagram, as she uploads mini tutorial videos that shows you how, and you can buy her printables so you can practice too. I found it very helpful!


I kept on adding more and more layers, just for fun. Until it looked more pleasing.


See the reinforcement edge with the flowers? This is where I started using the brayered backgrounds. It's nice and handy to have four backgrounds to work with as I create my unPlanner pages for October.

Still need to decorate my calendar.


I have made one PAC recently, and it's a September prompt, but I'm adding it to my October, as the challenge was to add an organic element. I had these leaves I gathered from our yard, and this leaf got all painty in October's colour scheme. :) I sewed the edges and the stem down on the card. 


The background is from an old art journal page in my junque journal. I cut out a portion for the background of my PAC. The dots reminded me of seed heads, so it goes with the leaf, right? :)

October Musings


We took a road trip to neighboring Saskatchewan for my nephew's wedding. Here are my two oldest, all purty. Love them!!


On the way home, I stepped into a gopher hole, spraining my ankle badly. I couldn't walk without crutches a few days. As part of the road trip, we explored the area where my hubby's mother was born, and since I couldn't explore with them, I had to stay in vehicle. Junia, my daughter picked this beautiful flower for me.


Hours and hours of driving on the Saskatchewan prairies.


Days later, we drove through Canada's Rocky Mountain range, and we missed a turn, landing in British Columbia. LOL. We stopped beside the Bow River, and I was able to take the time to play with the aperture on my phone camera. I'm pleased with how it turned out!


Another perspective.

Who says dead grasses and flowers have no beauty??

Eight days of road trip left us a little tired of each other, but what a time we had.

♥♥♥  Anna  ♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Flowers in this last picture look like sunbathers on a crowded beach waiting to get into the waves. Makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete