Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Finger Painted Circles Weekly View Tutorial

I'm always looking for a new look for my weekly views in my unPlanner, one that accommodates my journaling spots. I am liking this one very much, so I have decided to give you a step-by-step.

This features:

- An analogous color scheme. I used red, pink, orange and yellow.
-7 circles fit randomly on two pages. My pages are 6"x8".
- Downloads from the Art5 unPlanner kit, but any lined pages would do.
-My watercolor bubbles paper for the reinforcement strips. See HERE for that tutorial.
-Sewing around edges and the reinforcement strips
-Day of the week stamps. I used the ones that come in the Art5 unPlanner kit.


Are you ready? Here goes:

Materials needed:
1.Paints in an analogous color scheme, meaning colors that are beside each other on the color wheel.
2. Lined paper
3. circle template - I used a roll of masking tape. It measures around 4" in diameter.
4. black Sharpie fine-line marker
5. stencil for the background: I used Tim Holtz Scribbles
6.white Uniball Signo gel pen
7. the watercolor bubbles paper
8. sewing machine
9. black thread
10. sponge
11. glue stick
12. paper trimmer
13. black ink pad
14. days of the week stamps - I used Rae Missigman's stamps that came in the unPlanner kit.
15. hole punch to fit for binder
16. hole reinforcements



Step 1: print out the downloads onto cardstock paper.
Step 2 : draw 4 circles on one page, and three on the other in a random way.







Step 3: Started painting circles with your fingers around the black ones you drew in. Use all the colors you picked. Paint with a very light hand, with only a bit of paint on your finger. This way you won't have bold slashes of color. You want each color to be broken up, random on the paper.






Tip: I find the yellow is too strong here, so below, I added more light touches of different colors, to add more dimension.



Keep adding more paint until you have a nice blend and coverage of painty circles. I like lots of variation of color for my circles. Let dry completely.




Step 4: With a sponge, add paint through the stencil to the remaining white space around the circles.



Step 5: I found the hot pink competed too much with the painty circles, so I added white paint over it. 
Step 6: Draw random dots with Uniball Signo gel pen on the circles.


Step 7: Draw broken circles on top of the circles, focusing on the inside circle and outer.


Step 8: Stamp the days of the week in the circles.


Step 9: doodle in the numbers with black Sharpie.


Step 10: trim the watercolor bubble paper into 3/4" strips and glue to reinforcement spines on both pages.


Step 11: punch the holes to fit binder.


Step 12: Add white reinforcement stickers to each hole.


Step 13: outline the edges of the reinforcement strips and the circles with the Sharpie.


Step 14: Sew with black thread around each page and the edges of the reinforcement strips.



And you're done! Now you are ready to journal your days! 

If you haven't seen the unPlanner project details, do check out this awesome project HERE

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. See you another time!

♥♥♥ Anna ♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing! Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AWESOME!!! Love everything you do - love your blog. Thank you for sharing and for giving us such great detailed supply list. I love this whole group and I just found you. I am so enjoying your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your creations are so sweet....

    ReplyDelete